We will give you the option not to receive future marketing communications from us. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example: the AA who provide roadside assistance on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We also obtain information about your vehicle from our franchise partners. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information).
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your IP address
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this)
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses, fleet size and company details
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre
- “Live Chat” records and
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
- To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised repairers or selected partners).
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the request you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles
- To provide vehicle support and services ( for example warranty services)
Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customer’s and driver’s needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centre and authorised repairer network are more useful and enjoyable.
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- To send marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own product and services. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
- You to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us.
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications.
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements (for example to register your car with the DVLA).
Sometime we need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with our third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us like vehicle manufactures roadside assistance, marketing, events and market research etc.)
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: vehicle manufactures, finance companies, insurance companies, roadside assistance service providers, customer contact centres, mobility and car hire providers, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service they are undertaking on our behalf.
How long do we keep you information for?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased vehicle or other vehicle purchased from us or an authorised repairer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you are no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 4 years from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or a lease vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us the opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any other reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you)
You have the right as an individual to access your personal we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given to us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the data protection law. In relation to most rights we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
- Correct and update information
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it)
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on your legitimate interests to your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object.
- Erase your information provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
Post: Mervyn Stewart, 11 Boucher Cresent, Belfast, BT12 6HU
Call: 028 9590 6710
If you have any specific data protection concerns or complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Call: 0303 123 1113